Before Your Surgery
Welcome to INSPIRE Surgery Centre
Your comfort, privacy and safety are our top priorities. We are fully accredited by AAAASF (American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities), which offers the highest level of accreditation for plastic surgery. In addition, our center only utilizes board-certified anesthesiologists from US Anesthesia Partners (formerly Capitol Anesthesiology Association). We are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for you, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to meeting you!
Pre-Operative Patient Survey
We need to have a thorough medical history on file, so our anesthesia and surgical plan can be tailored specifically for you. Although this may seem redundant, it is a necessary step to ensure your safety, and it must be completed at least 48 hours prior to your surgery.
Inspire Surgery Centre Payment
Payments are due, in full, one week prior to your surgery date. You can make your payment online or by calling the office at (512)420-8813. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover online. If you would like to pay with cash or a cashier’s check, you can drop off your payment at our facility. We do not accept personal checks.
All surgical procedures in which the patient is receiving ANY type of anesthesia require the patient to have an empty stomach for at least 8 hours prior to the start time of the surgery. This includes water, candy, chewing gum, mints, etc. Typically, you will be asked to stop eating and drinking at midnight, but you may be allowed water and/or a light breakfast if you are surgery is scheduled to begin after 3pm. If your stomach is not empty for surgery, you may risk aspiration of your stomach contents into your lungs which can lead to severe complications. If you do not follow these instructions, you risk delaying or possible cancelation of your surgery. If you are not sure of when you need to stop eating and drinking, please call Inspire and ask to speak with a nurse to confirm the time.
If you are required to take medication the morning of your surgery, please do so with the smallest sip of water.
- If you have asthma, please bring your inhalers with you to the surgery center.
- If you are a diabetic, do not take your insulin or oral hypoglycemics the morning of surgery.
- If you take blood pressure medicine or other medications for your heart, please call and speak with a nurse at Inspire to verify if you can take those medications prior to your surgery.
- Refrain from taking any medications that may thin your blood within 2 weeks of your surgery, unless okayed by your surgeon. This includes:
- Ibuprofen, Aleve, or other NSAIDS
- Fish Oil or Omega 3s
- Vitamin E
Please do not wear moisturizers, creams, lotions, hair products, perfume, or make-up.
Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing that you do not have to pull over your head. Remove hair accessories, wigs, and jewelry, including body piercings. Please do not bring valuables with you to the surgery center.
Do not wear your contact lenses to the surgery center. If you wear glasses, please bring your eyeglasses case with you.
- Please report to INSPIRE Surgery Centre at least 1 hour before your surgery start time. Patients less than 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. For those patients not staying overnight, you MUST have a responsible adult drive you home and spend the next 24 hours with you. If further directions are needed or if you have any questions, please call us at 512-420-8813 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.