Some things you should know if you stay the night at Inspire Surgery Centre:
- During your stay you will be cared for by either a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse. All our overnight nursing staff has worked with us for many years and they take pride in providing excellent care to all our patients. Many of them work in other nursing fields when they are not caring for patients at Inspire. You will be the only patient at Inspire, and therefore you will receive individualized, one to one care and attention from your nurse.
- The nurse will monitor your vital signs hourly as well as check your bandages and drains (if you have them) frequently throughout the night.
- You may have an indwelling catheter in your bladder during your stay at Inspire. This helps the overnight nurse adequately monitor your output and prevents you from having to make multiple trips to the bathroom. The catheter will be removed in the morning prior to the arrival of the of your caregiver.
- All your post-operative medications will be started by the overnight nurse. The nurse will give a comprehensive list to your caregiver so that they may resume your medication schedule once you are home.
- The nurse will be getting you up out of bed 2-3 times during your stay at Inspire